Tips & Safety On Field Trips
- Take every precaution while on field trips like making sure you have the right
gear like gloves, boots, drinking water and basic supplies.
- Fill in your holes after digging and beware of overhanging rocks and ledges
that could collapse while digging below.
- Don't go into old mine shafts as most are unstable and air quality can never be
- Always wear safety glasses when breaking or chiselling on rocks.
- Watch out for snakes and spiders because as a rock hound you're more prone
to finding these critters than others.
- Always close gates after you and always take your rubbish home with you if
there isn't a proper place to leave it.
- Always tell someone where you are before you leave in case something goes
- Always have a first aid kit close by.
- If you haven't been to an area before draw yourself a map or have a map with
you so you don't get lost. Mobile phones don't work everywhere!
- Wear a good hat and sunscreen so you don't get sunburnt.
- Never forget: FOOD, SNACKS, DRINKS & MEDICATION.
Disclaimer: It is your responsibility to ask permission from any private property
owner at any location when searching for gemstones before you enter any such
property. You may also be required to possess a fossicking license as per state laws.
Safety In The Workshop
- Don't have loose clothing around any moving machine parts and keep guards
on equipment at all times.
- Wear safety glasses while grinding and using any pickle or acid compounds.
- Wear a filter face mask if required.
- Don't spill water on any electric motors. Electricity and water don't mix.
- Keep fingers and hands clear of sharp moving parts.
- Wear rubber gloves if handling any acids or pickling solutions.
- Use tweezers when handling hot soldered jewelry.
- Have a first aid kit near by at all times.
Nepean District Lapidary Club Inc.
27 Swanston St. & Cnr of Collins St.
St Marys NSW 2760
For further details
Contact: 0247774105 or 0429774105
Postal Address: PO Box 99 Penrith NSW 2750
Joining Fee $10.00
Annual Membership Fee $30.00
Workshop Fees Applicable
There is plenty of off road parking at the side of our Club House which is also the
Entry Point to the Club House ( Via Collins Street ).
Our Club involves the whole family,
Can teach you a new craft,
Can take you to see the countryside,
Can provide you with social activities,
Can help you to make new friends,
Members can learn the Art of Lapidary,
Silverwork, Jewellery making, Casting, Enamelling, Cabachons, Faceting, Carving,
and many other things
General Jewellery & Lapidary workshops.
Our Hours are :-
Monday Morning 9.00am - 12 noon General Workshop
Tuesday Evening 7.30pm - 10pm Facetting
Wednesday Evening 7.30 - 10pm General Workshop
Friday Morning 9.30am - 12 noon Silver, Enamelling Etc.
Evening 7.30pm - 10pm General Workshop
Field Trip Info:-
Members can go camping and fossicking, mineral collecting, fossil collecting even
Gem collecting, some people just come along for a good time with their friends at our
Contact President John Jackson 6147774105, 0429774105
Club Shows & Events:-
Click On Photos To
|Nepean District Lapidary Club Inc
Nepean District Lapidary club invites you to our
No Gem Shows for this year 2016 Due to Not being able to get a
booking, also will be busy with additions & renovations to our Club!!
Nepean District Lapidary Club
Our Next Gem Show Weekend will be Held At St Marys Memorial Hall
corner of The Great Western Highway & Mamre Road, St Marys NSW 2760
On Saturday 2nd December 2017 9.00am to 5.00pm
& Sunday 3rd December 2017 9.00am to 4.00pm
Then again the Following year 2018
Gem Show Weekend for Nepean District Lapidary Club
At St Marys Memorial Hall corner of The Great Western Highway &
Mamre Road, St Marys NSW 2760
On Saturday 1st December 2018 9.00am to 5.00pm
& Sunday 2nd December 2018 9.00am to 4.00pm
Parking: Entry via Collins Street
Come see our New Club rooms.